Extremely Satisfied With Diablo Octane

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Extremely Satisfied With Diablo Octane

Post by Scorpio1987 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:59 pm

When I purchased Callaway Diablo Octane Driver I also tried out the regular Octane and the new Razr Composite. This one felt the best of the three hands down. I've been using it for two months and have not been disappointed.

The Callaway Diablo Octane Driver does have a sleek look to it. The Octane is a bit on the large size for me, with a 460 cc head, but the Diablo Octane Tour is a little smaller at 450cc. Callaway claimed that the Diablo Octane is supposed to be lighter and longer than any other driver out there. But is it? In terms of weight, the Diablo Octane is very light, a bit too light for me. The used their Forged Composite material to build the club head, which is supposed to be lighter and stronger than titanium. If you're looking for a club that is going to be super lightweight, then the Callaway Diablo Octane is your club.

I compared the Callaway Diablo Octane and the Diablo Octane Tour edition against each other. The Diablo Octane has a very large and forgiving club head, really promotes high club head speeds which in turn promotes more distance. I wasn’t really impressed with the play ability of trying to hit a fade or a draw, But the Diablo Octane does have a pretty nice feel for straight shots. Overall, the Callaway Diablo Octane Driver was not for me. The Project X shaft at 60 grams was too light, and the club head was too large and forgiving.

This club has no bias and I can easily work it in either direction, although sometimes it feels off balance at the top of the back swing when playing a fade (could just be my swing).

Scorpio1987

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2012-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top