Page 1 of 1 • Share •
Twice as Proper is back in the basement! This time we are celebrating Craft's birthday!!!
Deep soothing groovy dark and dirty hard pumping banging techno beats with mad effects intelligently layered and crafted to make you shake that ass you got while you drink, socialize dream or whatever you do in that dark underground basement club. Experience this live dj performance show and feel raw bass propelled out of the proper "TurboSound" system installment. Bring it on..
-CRAFT & SHADI (Twice as Proper)
-Dat Kat (Analog Soul, Radio)
-Neg K (Anusual Records)
2010 was a really good year for us, and brought International tours, radio shows, podcasts, music productions, TV coverage, soundcloud recordings listened to in 61 countries, new fans and friends. We promise to rip it Proper. No crap.
Check out the Twice as Proper website:
Twice as Proper Facebook group:
Saturday April 23rd 2011
159 East Houston Street
(between Allen & Eldridge streets)
11:30pm - 6:00am (doors close at 4am)
$5 all night no lists
"Twice as Proper" and their founders:
Craft & Shadi have been a DJ duo since 1994 on those legendary Technics 1200's. Then followed the years of CDJ technology and mixers with effects, always keeping it dark, deep, dirty real serious. They now often perform live mixes with the ultimate Xponent controller, with many built-in live effects. They go on with explosive sets, chopping' up loops and samples, all while in the mix. The result is always "Massive". Twice as Proper is a New York City Based Underground Techno Events organization. Shadi & Craft co-created the movement "Twice as Sweet" which then became "Twice as Proper Sessions". With an impressive over 200 events and counting in the past 5 years alone, it is now well known in the NYC minimal techno scene. With quite an illustrious list of guest DJ bookings in venues across Manhattan & Brooklyn, there is always something exciting and different to expect from the events. In 2010, Twice as Proper hosted 8 events in Playa del Carmen (Mexico) during the winter, as well as keeping regular NYC events alive as always. 2011 looks promising, as last year was really good for the two artists, bringing International tours in 5 countries, international radio shows, podcasts, music productions, TV coverage, soundcloud recordings listened to in over 60 countries, new fans and friends. Craft & Shadi promise to rip it Proper. No crap.
- CRAFT (Daniele Ciocio) Born in NYC, bought his technics 1200's & Vestax mixer at age 14 with his own savings. Taught himself the skill of beat matching and studied the art of blending tracks smoothly to perfection with persistence. Began producing music in 1999 and, to this day, music production is done under the name "Craft Music Productions". He dj's 5 to 10 times per month on average in the NYC underground minimal scene with the Twice as Proper Sessions crew. He evolved from the old Vinyl-only days to the CDJ’s of all types, and now performs live with his all-in-one DJ workstation M-Audio Torq Xponent. In 2010, Craft traveled with the controller to Europe for his Italy Dj tour in various cities, experienced an incredible Costa Rica DJ Tour with Onda Skillet covered by much media attention (major radio, TV and internet), and ended the year by playing at 8 events in Mexico. Craft co-created the movement "Twice as Sweet" with Shadi which then became "Twice as Proper Sessions" with an impressive near 200 events and counting in the past 4 years alone with quite an illustrious list of guest DJ bookings. Also, Craft created and designed the "Party People" T-Shirt which has a history of its own...
- Check out a some Craft live Dj sets recorded around the world:
- Check out a few selected samples of Craft Music Productions:
-Become a fan on Facebook CRAFT FAN PAGE:
Craft is featureed on the labels and event organizations listed below:
- Twice as Proper Sessions
- Rite of Wednesdays
- I Love Italian Dj's NYC
- Craft Music Productions
- Subtrack Records
- Dusk Recordings
- Uberkontrol Records
- SHADI (Shadi Elrazaz) Born in Cairo, Egypt....raised in NYC from age 12, where he met up with his mentor and friend Daniele Ciocio (Dj Craft), who helped him manipulate vinyl ...and sound through a mixer. Flash forward to December !999, Twilo, Sasha and digweed & Mitsubishi = Lifelong Sound Obsession.
Currently Shadi is actively Running The New York City Based Underground Techno Events & Movment "Twice As Proper" With his Musical Partner Dj Craft Who together co-created the movement "Twice as Sweet" which then merged with Los Franzetti's "Proper Sessions" resulting in "Twice as Proper Sessions" with an impressive over 200 events and counting in the past 4 years alone with quite an illustrious list of guest DJ bookings.
Along the way residencies at Mark Cafe With the Buyrum Crew, leading up to many more good friends and amazing musician party people like Lance Jordan, Amos Damon ( Dj Fame), Adam Collins, Francis Harris, Connie, Elon, Taimur & Fahad, Steven Letigre, and many more over the span of many New York City Venues such as Sullivan Room, Bar 13, Cielo, Rebel, Le Souk, Porch, Crudo, Boom, Stay, VDP & Afterhours everywhere....
- Check out a some Shadi live Dj sets recorded around the world:
-Become a fan on Facebook SHADI FAN PAGE:
- DATKAT (Kat Smith) Her mission is a simple one: to move people. Gracing the decks at the likes of Moscow’s legendary Club Propaganda for the popular Voices: party hosted by Nina Kraviz, the Academy Club in Montreal, as well as Xlib Club and Sky Art Cafe in Kiev, Ukraine, the self described audiophile has been doing just that for ten years and counting. An inaugural member of East Village Radio, one of the world’s most progressive and independent online music forums, she has always been a tastemaker, with a musical personality that can be best described as exploratory, innovative, and unconventional.
With the recent end of Analog Soul on eastvillageradio.com, which she co-hosted with identical twin sister Jacquelyn Sommer, DatKat is now expanding on her foundation and transitioning into her new role as a Music Producer. She currently splits her time between New York City and the rest of the globe, mining for sound gems.
- NEG K Luiscabrera a.k.a negk (Ecuador) reconoció, después de tocar un bajo, que su mundo giraría en torno a la música. Desde siempre, su exigencia auditiva le permitió estar cerca de las nuevas tendencias musicales; atento a la creciente movida electrónica en su país, se inicia como aficionado y coleccionista del género. En el 2005, viaja y adquiere sus primeras bandejas, recopilando vinilos con un swing minimal house; así, se involucra en el medio y comienza su carrera como dj. Pinchando en las primeras fiestas privadas y after party’s, se introdujo en la escena underground de su ciudad. Su estilo minimal techno, nuevo en ese momento, cautivó al público rápidamente, consolidando un gran grupo de seguidores. Con el tiempo, ha llegado a compartir cabina con dj’s de alto renombre como Adultnapper, Konrad Black, Franco Cinelli, Jeremy P. Caulfield, Jorge Savoretti, Andy Dábula, Israel Vich, Christian Berger, Carlos Benítez, Pancho Piedra, entre otros. Ahora, en conjunto con diferentes djs locales, produce eventos en su ciudad, trasladando a usuales y nuevos oyentes a la dinámica escena electrónica del Ecuador. Su sonido, caracterizado por una fusión de techno house con influencias minimal, evidencia su buen gusto musical y vanguardismo. Al momento, se encuentra dedicado a la producción y presentación de LivePA, definiendo cada vez más la tendencia que lo ha caracterizado desde sus inicios.
Twice As Proper
- Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-11-04
Page 1 of 1
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum