Page 1 of 1 • Share •
By popular demand, Twice as Proper is back at BOOM!
Party People unite for something different on Friday. Come get sloppy in a more Proper environment. Boom is a cozy restaurant & lounge located right on Spring street in Soho. We do restaurants Proper...by removing all tables, installing mad equipment and hosting a sick visual show with 2 projectors and strange hanging materials.
Authentic Italian food and wines, mad drinks and bangin' deep soothing groovy dark dirty pumping techno beats provided all night after dinner.
Mention "Twice as Proper" at the dinner table! A special something will be offered. Enjoy Italian dinner by amazing chef Jonny - Zagat food rating 20!!!
2011 looks promising, as 2010 was a really good year for us and brought International tours in 5 countries, international radio shows, podcasts, music productions, TV coverage, soundcloud recordings listened to in 61 countries, new fans and friends. We promise to rip it Proper. No crap.
-CRAFT & SHADI (Twice as Proper)
-STEAVEN EAVES (Moment Um)
- CARLO VITTUCCI (MothLab)
Bring it on..
Friday April 8th 2011
152 Spring Street, Soho
(Corner of West Broadway)
11:30pm - 4:00am
FREE- NO COVER!!!!
Check out the Twice as Proper website:
Twice as Proper Facebook group:
"Twice as Proper" and their founders:
Craft & Shadi have been a DJ duo since 1994 on those legendary Technics 1200's. Then followed the years of CDJ technology and mixers with effects, always keeping it dark, deep, dirty real serious. They now often perform live mixes with the ultimate Xponent controller, with many built-in live effects. They go on with explosive sets, chopping' up loops and samples, all while in the mix. The result is always "Massive". Twice as Proper is a New York City Based Underground Techno Events organization. Shadi & Craft co-created the movement "Twice as Sweet" which then became "Twice as Proper Sessions". With an impressive over 200 events and counting in the past 5 years alone, it is now well known in the NYC minimal techno scene. With quite an illustrious list of guest DJ bookings in venues across Manhattan & Brooklyn, there is always something exciting and different to expect from the events In 2010, Twice as Proper hosted 8 events in Playa del Carmen (Mexico) during the winter, as well as keeping regular NYC events alive as always. 2011 looks promising, as last year was really good for the two artists, bringing International tours in 5 countries, international radio shows, podcasts, music productions, TV coverage, soundcloud recordings listened to in over 60 countries, new fans and friends. Craft & Shadi promise to rip it Proper. No crap.
- CRAFT (Daniele Ciocio) - Born in NYC, bought his technics 1200's & Vestax mixer at age 14 with his own savings. Taught himself the skill of beat matching and studied the art of blending tracks smoothly to perfection with persistence. Began producing music in 1999 and, to this day, music production is done under the name "Craft Music Productions". He dj's 5 to 10 times per month on average in the NYC underground minimal scene with the Twice as Proper Sessions crew. He evolved from the old Vinyl-only days to the CDJ’s of all types, and now performs live with his all-in-one DJ workstation M-Audio Torq Xponent. Craft has already traveled with the controller to Europe for his Italy Dj tour in various cities and also recently came back from an incredible Costa Rica DJ Tour with Onda Skillet, covered by much media attention (major radio, TV and internet). Furthermore, Craft co-created the movement "Twice as Sweet" with Shadi which then became "Twice as Proper Sessions" with an impressive near 200 events and counting in the past 4 years alone with quite an illustrious list of guest DJ bookings. Also, Craft created and designed the "Party People" T-Shirt which has a history of its own...
- Check out a some Craft live Dj sets recorded around the world:
- Check out a few selected samples of Craft Music Productions:
-Become a fan on Facebook CRAFT FAN PAGE:
Craft is featureed on the labels and event organizations listed below:
- Twice as Proper Sessions
- Rite of Wednesdays
- Moment Um
- I Love Italian Dj's NYC
- Craft Music Productions
- Subtrack Records
- Dusk Recordings
- Uberkontrol Records
- SHADI (Shadi Elrazaz) Born in Cairo, Egypt....raised in NYC from age 12, where he met up with his mentor and friend Daniele Ciocio (Dj Craft), who helped him manipulate vinyl ...and sound through a mixer. Flash forward to December !999, Twilo, Sasha and digweed & Mitsubishi = Lifelong Sound Obsession.
Currently Shadi is actively Running The New York City Based Underground Techno Events & Movment "Twice As Proper" With his Musical Partner Dj Craft Who together co-created the movement "Twice as Sweet" which then merged with Los Franzetti's "Proper Sessions" resulting in "Twice as Proper Sessions" with an impressive over 200 events and counting in the past 4 years alone with quite an illustrious list of guest DJ bookings.
Along the way residencies at Mark Cafe With the Buyrum Crew, leading up to many more good friends and amazing musician party people like Lance Jordan, Amos Damon ( Dj Fame), Adam Collins, Francis Harris, Connie, Elon, Taimur & Fahad, Steven Letigre, and many more over the span of many New York City Venues such as Sullivan Room, Bar 13, Cielo, Rebel, Le Souk, Porch, Crudo, Boom, Stay, VDP & Afterhours everywhere....
- Check out a some Shadi live Dj sets recorded around the world:
-Become a fan on Facebook SHADI FAN PAGE:
- STEAVEN EAVES (Moment Um)
From an early upbringing in southern New Hampshire and the noise and sounds that is the natural underlying beauty of New England, when Stephen Eaves was exposed for the first time to music, he fell for the sweetness of a deep bass line. He could not resist the temptation of his new love and had to share his eclectic sense and attunement to what makes the ear, heart and soul move. From that point, eight years ago, he started playing. Yes, playing! That is what music is to Stephen(although he takes his playing quite seriously!). He started playing out in Boston influenced by dj Craig Mitchell and with fellow music playmates dj’s Brienne, Jay Prouty and Will Monotone whom were vital in his education, exposure and evolution into whom he is now. Stephen left Boston and relocated to NYC where he quickly immersed himself into the mechanics of the underground music movement. He is involved in playing and promoting his own parties as well as with various parties and events around the City - from his relationship to Matias Jofre of (s)InnerScene and his own GruvMuzik brand. He now brings to the forefront his own odd genre of innovative music sets deriving from his early roots in regressive housebeats which have lead him down the road to what is a deeper level of visionary techno. Just music. “Just Play”
- CARLO VITTUCCI (Mothlab)
Also known as Carlito 1311, he is first of all an expert of video images and of techno-minimal music. His video editing regards especially the production of documentaries, at the moment is working as a video maker for Rai Corporation in New York. Since he falled in love with Antony McCall’s art, he performs his videos using minimal graphics, researching each time alternative surfaces to project over to. The newyorker metropolitan reality has also a first role in his visuals. He has been collaborating as a Vj with Twice as Proper, Resolute, Blkmarket.
Check out the MothLab website:
Bring it on..
Twice As Proper
- Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-11-04
Page 1 of 1
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum