Sat, Sept 11 | Paradizo Presents Jojo Flores @ Cielo

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sat, Sept 11 | Paradizo Presents Jojo Flores @ Cielo

Post by cieloclub on Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:37 pm

Ask Montreal’s first son of house music, Jojo Flores, what motivates him and he’s quick to share the love: “My audience, the dancers, and music lovers. I enjoy making people dance, allowing individuals the space and time to express themselves through movement on a particular night. The moments are what matter, sometimes a song I play will affect a person deeply, other times it creates a new memory or brings one back,” say the man who returns to Cielo on Saturday 11th as guest of Paradizo and fellow disciple of the good groove Nicolas Matar. “New music also motivates me, when I hear something fresh or receive an unreleased exclusive track, I try to break it – play it 2-3 times in my set so it stands out. I take pride when someone discovers new music from my performance. I like being a tastemaker. There is also the challenge of converting people who are not into house music; it is motivating since I consider soulful/deep house music to be underground, and it is not often easy to break the barrier of the masses listening to contemporary big budget advertising billboard charts,” he adds.

cieloclub

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2010-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top