Page 1 of 1 • Share •
Direct Drive Presents....
Saturday November 21st 2009
The Direct Drive Loft Party!!!
- This month we continue our tradition of bringing out the best talent in North America for their NYC debut.
In the past we have brought you Random Movement, Mixmaster Doc, Sinistarr, Bachelors of Science and countless others.
This month we are pleased to bring out 2 amazing talents making their NYC debut!
Our headliner for the evening making his way to the loft via Chicago is the one and only.....
SUBMORPHICS (Westbay | Spearhead / Chicago) +NYC Debut+
- Submorphics is Chicago-based producer and lifetime musician Greg Axelrad. Originally a duo consisting of Greg (samples, synths, basslines, live keys and guitar, arrangement, sequencing) and longtime friend Ryan Lolas (drum programming, engineering, edits) late 2006 saw Greg taking full control over the project as a solo artist.
Drawing on influences such as soul, rare groove, jazz, hip hop, 70s rock, deep house and film soundtracks, Submorphics' eclectic musical DnB output has received widespread global support from artists such as Makoto, Fabio, LTJ Bukem, Marky, Danny Byrd, Big Bud, Alix Perez, Artificial Intelligence and many more.
A crowd favorite on the decks as well, Submorphics DJ schedule increased in 2007-2008, playing coast-to-coast in the states, as well as touring in the UK and Europe. His sets encompass a wide variety of rolling musical dnb, as well as taking it more edgy and experimental, providing a diverse selection of beats every time.
With releases out and forthcoming on labels like Spearhead Recordings , Westbay Recordings, Phunkfiction Recordings, Sonorous Music, Vibez Recordings, Intrinsic Recordings, Blu Saphir Recordings, Future Retro Records and Cymbalism Recordings, Submorphics is becoming a strong force in an already thriving new-school North American drum n bass scene.
Now signed to LA/London-based Westbay Recordings for 2009, Submorphics has a plethora of forthcoming material to look out for in the new year, as well as some tidy remixes.
JASON MAGIN (Fuzed Funk | Bassdrive | Substitution / Philly)
- Jason Magin started his DnB career in 1997, getting picked up early on by the Substitution crew, and spending the years from 1999-2005 as Drum & Bass buyer for the legendary 611 Records in Philadelphia, USA. His idea to start the “Fuzed Funk” brand grew out of a desire to represent the more musical/soulful sounds in drum & bass music, and has resulted in playing major events all along the East Coast, internationally in Spain & Argentina, and thousands of listeners each week via the Fuzed Funk Radio show on Bassdrive.com & Fuzed Funk Podcast (available on FuzedFunk.com & iTunes). Over the years his reputation for diverse selection and tight mixing have put Magin on stage alongside such names as Dj Marky; Xrs; A-Sides; Marcus Intalex; Drumagick, Dj SS, John B, Ltj Bukem & Conrad; Ray Keith, Dj Suv; Dj Rap, J Majik; Dj Zinc; Shy Fx; Kenny Ken; Spirit; Keaton; Pendulum; Dj Dara; Empress; J-Smooth; D-Star; Dj DB; Craze; Dieselboy; Mason; Ink; Loxy; Twisted Individual; Capital J; L Double; Doc Scott; Hive; Bailey; Bad Boy Orange; TC; Mental Sharp, and the list goes on!
2009 has marked the beginning of long hours in the production studio providing another credential to an already impressive musical resume. As a Dj, Magin plays for the party: always in tune with the crowd and rolling out everything from classics to exclusive tunes from emerging artists and legends in the DnB scene. His mixes “connect the dots” of new and unheard sounds while reminding people of days gone by and the tunes that are the soundtrack to our memories. The feel good vibe, hearing the 360 degree sounds of Drum & Bass, and smiles for miles.....that’s what you can expect when Magin gets into the the Dj booth....
ROSS D (Liquid Brilliants | Allstreet | Playloop | Fuzed Funk / Philly) + NYC Debut+
- There are no fads here, no bells or whistles and no sub-sub-sub genres to confuse you by. No, this is simply drum n’ bass at it’s purest and most beautiful. No doubt the thick layers of jazz and soul will take you back in time to that first time when you first heard licks from LTJ Bukem and his classic original Logical Progression compilation. Comin’atcha from such a musical place like Philly brings a historical influence. Ross D has always been musically inclined having an extensive music education background in drums, piano, classical guitar, bass and overall theory. However, one thing you can’t teach is soul, and there’s nothing better than the kind of Philly soul Ross D. deftly infuses over the jagged beats. Ross has released music on Liquid Brilliants, Allstreet, and recently on Playloop entitled 'Musical D-Lite'. He has also recently become a resident of Philly's Fuzed Funk monthly.
KASIO (Bassdrive | Soul Skool / Melbourne/NYC)
- Talented Producer and Dj with a show on the famous Bassdrive radio!
Resident and Host:
(Driven AM | Peer Pressure | Direct Drive | NorthAmericanDnB.com / NYC)
- Representing New York City, Dave is a known and devoted contributor to the North American Drum and Bass community. Owner of Driven AM, the premier North American DnB Artist Management, Record Label label, and Production company. Events coordinator and resident DJ for various NYC parties including ‘100% Original’ and for the past 6 years as part of the legendary NYC production team Direct Drive. Emerging producer with multiple releases out and in the works including upcoming releases on Peer Pressure Recordings, Luv Disaster and Driven AM Recordings. His latest release "Better Days" features Sinistarr and is out on Driven AM Recordings. Dave's tunes are being supported by TCI, Stunna, Mixmaster Doc, Dave Owen and many others. A Dj that has performed live more than 160 times in 12 States in the past 10 years alongside some of the biggest names in DnB. Dave is a driven individual, whose passion for Drum and Bass shows in his music and live performance.
(Konkrete Jungle | Outlook Skateboards | Ability | Team Ewok)
The Direct Drive Loft
70 North 6th, Williamsburg, Brooklyn TOP FLOOR
21+ bring ID, 10pm to 4am, $10 all night
Last edited by Driven AM on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 1
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum