08/29 :: Direct Drive Loft Party :: 4 DnB/Dubstep Headliners!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

08/29 :: Direct Drive Loft Party :: 4 DnB/Dubstep Headliners!

Post by Driven AM on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:13 pm

BREAKING NEWS: 2 ADDITIONAL DJ'S HAVE BEEN ADDED! JO-S AND SABLE GRAY!

Saturday :: August 29th, 2009

DIRECT DRIVE LOFT PARTY

featuring...

RANDOM MOVEMENT
(Driven AM | Innerground | Bingo | Creative Source | Liquid V | Peer Pressure | Bassbin)

Random Movement began as two people, Jack Sheets (DJ Shapeshifter), and Mike Richards (Insert, later known as mjr). Mikes exposure to the drum & bass genre was solidified by Jack's wide variety of music, and Mikes ongoing study as a musician was pushed even further into the world of electronic music. Jack had been DJ'ing steadily for 7 years, becoming well-established in the mid-west United States. His skill, combined with Mikes musical as well as technical expertise in the IDM/Industrial/Jazz/Soul & Funk music genres seemed to form a perfect blend of production capabilities, as well as a deeply bonded friendship. After a few months of tweaking, the sound they were going for was beginning to gel, and their first demo cd eventually ended up in Dara's hands. Not even a week had passed before Breakbeat Science came knocking on their door, and the boys realized that they really had something going for them. Half a year later, after much turmoil in both their personal lives, "Stars in the Dark" was made, and quickly picked up by Rohan of Bassbin, along with several other tracks, and the ball really began rolling for the two of them.

Shortly after the songs had been picked up by Rohan, the relationship between Mike and Jack had begun to strain their friendship, and it was agreed that it would be best if Jack opted to leave the project. Mike was then left to take up the reigns of the project, which, on the creative/musical side, he had held the captains seat from the beginning. The music of Random Movement had become even more finely tuned, and singles were being picked up by labels such as Innerground, Creative Source, Liquid V, Bingo, Progress, Timeless, Zeropoint, and most recently Nu Directions. Collaborations between Mike and Focus (formerly of Basic Operations) have landed record deals with Bingo and Innerground as well. Mikes natural tendency has been to play out doing a live set, incorporating his near-25 years of musical experience into both a technical and uplifting soulful performance, jamming riffs on keys as well as sequencing his own material live. He has also managed to slide comfortably into the role as DJ, playing in various places across the states. His loose-swinging, deep and soulful vibes take most club goers onto his own personal journey of introspection and enlightenment, commanding music appreciators both new and old to turn their heads. Playing everything from classics to brand new gems, the Random Movement DJ set seems to touch all in the crowd thru out the night.

Mike is currently working on a number of releases with Innerground among many others being kept under raps for now. Random Movement Radio can be heard on Bassdrive.com every Wednesday from 5-8 CMT, and will offer a wide range of music mostly related to the Drum n' Bass genre, but don't be surprised if the program ventures out into other realms. Expect to hear new guest artists weekly as well as gear reviews, contests, recording tips, and other dialog that would interest a wider range of listeners. Random Movement collaborations will continue to hit a broader spectrum of artists such as Alix Perez, Redeyes, Atlantic Connection, Chino, and more musicians on the soulful tip. He is still sampling away from his vinyl collection, as well as writing new music daily, and hopes to have a whole host of new singles on various labels around the globe.

JUST ADDED:
JO-S
(Driven AM | Westbay Intl | Peer Pressure | Sonorous | Shogun Ltd | Taciturn Records | Dire Clothing / LA)

After bursting on to the New York electronic music scene in the late 90s as a DJ and Producer, JO-S has revitalized his sound by adding vocals to both his DJ sets and original songs. Several #1 singles have resulted from this new endeavor.

Los Angeles, CA. April 20, 2009 – After 14 years as a drum and bass DJ and producer, JO-S is now developing his skills as a lyricist and vocalist. His congenital talents have allowed JO-S to find new inspiration as he continues to explore his potential as a singer and MC. “I’m always looking for new ways to expand the live performance aspect of my craft. Singing was the natural progression. It has expanded my skill set as an artist thus allowing me to add more production value to my live DJ sets. I’ve always felt it was important to be a positive spokesperson for the scene as well. My lyrics typify this sentiment. I choose to write about topics that step outside of the club scene.”

This positive energy and motivation to explore his potential as a vocalist earned him a 12” release on Westbay International Recordings. “Define” (co-produced by Kubatko) features the vocal work of JO-S for the first time on vinyl. The lyrics of “Define” reveal that within drum and bass music, there are no boundaries. “When I wrote the lyrics I was thinking about the genre splitting that was going on within the scene. I felt this was segregating the fans, producers and DJs. Throughout my tenure as a DJ and producer, I’ve explored all styles and I’m known for running the gamut of sounds almost every time I play. I represent progressive drum and bass music that moves the dance floor... that’s my job as a performer.”

Since JO-S signed to Westbay Recordings (one of the top-ten selling drum and bass labels distributed through Nu-Urban Distribution), he has now garnered enough attention overseas to perform in the UK. In celebration of his forthcoming release, JO-S played alongside such notable artists as Killa Kella, Dbridge and Lynx at a party called Diverse in Swindon, UK. He was also given a slot to showcase his vocal talents along with his DJ skills at Subfactory in Reading, UK. As JO-S continued to move forward with this newfound vision, he started receiving attention from various producers from around the globe. One artist who beckoned was Sinistarr hailing from Detroit. He flaunts an innovative, yet minimal soulful sound. “Vines” was the result of the collaboration. Sinistarr helped JO-S reach artists like LTJ Bukem, Fabio, Spectrasoul, Random Movement and Stunna who are all representing his music.

In addition to working with Sinistarr, JO-S was contacted by a prolific artist named Lenzman from the Netherlands. He is noted for releases on Spearhead, Phunkfiction and C.I.A. The two began collaborating on a tune called “Emeralds”. DJ Friction signed it for release on his top ten label, Shogun Ltd. When Friction came to Los Angeles to perform at Bassrush in January of 09’, JO-S was invited on stage for an impromptu live vocal performance of “Emeralds”. Now a smash hit, “Emeralds” sold out within a day when first released on promo. “Emeralds” also reached 1 on the Beatport and Juno download charts. The success JO-S has enjoyed by pairing up with Lenzman has lead to other signings on such labels as 31 Records and Goldie’s highly respected imprint Metalheadz.

JUST ADDED:
SABLE GRAY
(BIOS | Basswerk | SEISMIC Boston)

With releases on Basswerk and BIOS and his tunes being dropped on Kiss 101, BBC 1xta and the Hospital Podcast, Sable Gray is a name to watch in 2009 and beyond. Nearly a decade ago when stateside drum & bass had a reputation for aggressive, synthetic sonics, Sable Gray looked the opposite direction to soul music, Motown, house and intelligent d&b as his primary inspirations. With an ear for dusty, obscure samples and evolving arrangements, he slowly started piecing together his signature sound as a producer and DJ. Sable Gray hails from Boston, USA where he's a resident at SEISMIC, the city's drum & bass monthly.

HELLFIRE MACHINA
(Dubstep FM | Uk Trends | W.E Recordings | Wayside)

Stepping out from The Big Apple, but originating from London, HELLFIRE MACHINA have been turning heads since the projects inception last year. Sonic exploration in the realm of 140 bpm, with an ethos of non conformity, heavy bass and fierce attitude, the Hellfire crew are set to explode. Their productions have already been devastating dancefloors around the world which has led to a biweekly Dj residency in New York, numerous releases penned for the first part of 2009 not to mention a host of remixes that are currently being crafted in their studio 'Planet Twisted'.

DAVE SHICHMAN
(Driven AM | Direct Drive | NYC)

Representing New York City, Dave is a devoted contributor to the American Drum and Bass scene. Owner of Driven Artist Management, the premier US DnB booking agency and Driven AM Recordings, a new DnB label. Events coordinator and resident DJ for various NYC parties including ‘100% Original’ and for the past 6 years as part of the legendary NYC production team ‘Direct Drive’. Emerging producer with multiple releases out and in the works including upcoming releases on Peer Pressure Recordings and multiple releases on a Brazilian DnB label. His next release "Better Days" features Sinistarr and will be out on Driven AM Recordings September 1st. Currently collaborating with respected American DnB artists including Mixmaster Doc, Sol.ID & Dave Owen. A respected Dj, known for his fast, smooth mixing, along with his selection of unreleased and upfront tracks by American artists, his own original tunes and of course a few classics. A Dj that has performed live more than 150 times in 11 States in the past 10 years alongside some of the biggest names in DnB.

vs.

DJ SEOUL
(Direct Drive)

A major force in the Stateside Drum and Bass scene, New York City-based DJ Seoul made his debut behind the decks back in 1993. After several years of DJing and party promotions at underground scene nationwide, sensing the need for a weekend Drum and Bass night, Seoul began a weekly Saturday night event called Direct Drive in 1998. Direct Drive has received international acclaim as the party which consistently hosts the finest in US and UK talent and Seoul is now widely recognized as one of the top Drum and Bass promoters and DJs on the East Coast. Expanding on the success of the Direct Drive party, Seoul formed an event production and promotion company with the same name. Currently, Seoul is focusing his energy on producing tracks in his recording studio as well as overseeing the launch of a record label.

And your host for the evening:

MC DIGGADEE
(Konkrete Jungle | Outlook Skateboards | Ability | Team Ewok)

70 N. 6th St. (btw. Wythe and Kent Ave.), TOP FLOOR
Brooklyn, NY (WILLIAMSBURG)

Subway: L train to Bedford Ave. (1st Stop in Brooklyn)
21 to enter *Bring ID*
Doors Open 10pm – 4am, $10

http://www.directdrive.net
http://www.myspace.com/DrivenAM

Driven AM

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2008-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top