Page 1 of 1 • Share •
Who: Adventure Society
What: Spring Mountain Horseback Ride w/Optional Wine Tasting
When: Saturday March 21, 2009
Time: 7:45am - *6pm (*Return Time Is Approximate)
Limit: 14 people
Experience: Beginner / Intermediate (2 Guided Rides Available)
Where: Transportation from Midtown
Cost: Early Registration Pricing Starts at $113 p.p.
Join us for a unique horseback ride through historic lands while you enjoy the first buds of spring! You'll be transported to another time and place as you ride through the forests and mountains of a beautiful valley with a deep, historic gorge where iron mining took place in the mid to late 1800s! Youll ride up the mountain
to the top of the gorge where you will be able to look down into the scenic valley below. Then you will ride down into the gorge and between the ominous rocky cliffs. The terrain is so diverse you will feel like youre in Colorado! The paths you will ride on during this trip are quite unique and different from most east coast trails and include wide-open paths along with rocky, mountainous single-track trails. During this ride you will cover approximately 5 miles round trip which will take approximately 1 1/2 hours depending on how fast your group rides. The ride will be broken up into beginner and intermediate riders and each group will have its own private guide.
After the horseback ride well have lunch at a charming country bistro that bakes fresh bread from scratch every weekend morning. They serve fresh gourmet pizzas along with fantastic salads. They also serve Creamy Polenta with Portabella Mushrooms, Bruschetta, and Seasonal Fruit and Cheese Platters!
Then well visit a local winery that is nestled in the foothills of the historic Hudson Valley and is situated between two magnificent mountain ranges. Each afternoon they play live music and their tasting room provides the ideal setting for tasting wine, relaxing, and immersing yourself in the music.
Join Us For Some of Our Upcoming Activities Including:
* Learn to Ice Climb Day Trip (Sat. Feb. 14th)
* Winter Horseback Ride w/Optional Wine Tasting (Sun. Feb. 15th)
* Archery & Sushi A Day of Zen (Sat. Feb. 21st) *SOLD OUT*
* Snowmobiling w/Optional Beer Tasting (Sat. Feb. 21st) ***ONLY 4 SPACES AVAILABLE!***
* Cross-Country Skiing / Snowshoeing / Snow Tubing (Sat. Feb. 28th) *SOLD OUT*
* Winter Skydive w/Optional Wine Tasting (Sun. March 1st) *SOLD OUT*
* Snowmobiling w/Optional Beer Tasting (Sat. March 7th)
* Winter Horseback Ride w/Optional Wine Tasting (Sun. March 8th)
* Cross-Country Skiing / Snowshoeing / Snow Tubing (Sat. March 14th)
* Learn to Ice Climb Day Trip (Sun. March 15th)
* Spring Mountain Horseback Ride w/Optional Wine Tasting (Sat. March 21st)
* Delaware Water Gap Spring Hike & Wine Tasting (Sun. March 22nd)
* Archery & Sushi A Day of Zen (Sat. March 28th)
* Guns & Put - Test Your Skills & Wine Prizes! - (Sun. March 29th) *SOLD OUT*
/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /
To find out more about upcoming trips and activities visit - http://www.adventuresociety.com where you can also sign up for our weekly activity newsletter!
Adventure Society is a NYC based social organization and tour operator comprised of singles and couples who enjoy unique travel, varying levels of outdoor activities and city social events. We are dedicated to offering New Yorkers access to an active, healthy, social lifestyle through our trips, activities and social events. A.S. was founded as the first organization of its kind in the city and is the only fully licensed and insured company of its kind in the city.
- Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-06-02
Page 1 of 1
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum