Page 1 of 1 • Share •
Who: Adventure Society
What: Minnewaska River & Ridge Winter Hike B w/Optional Wine Tasting
When: Sunday February 1, 2009
Time: 7:45am - *7:30pm (*Return Time Is Approximate)
Experience: Level II - Intermediate
Limit: 13 people
Where: Transportation from Midtown
Cost: Early Registration Price Starts at $55 p.p.
Enjoy a beautiful winter day with this Level II hike including hearty cardio and off trail hiking! The hike is approximately 8 miles and includes walking on both carriageways and single track foot paths. We'll start by hiking through a beautiful wooded area that will lead to a hidden stream. We'll then hike along the stream which offers challenging uneven ground which will test your coordination skills and is sure to work your thigh muscles! To add in some cardio we'll hike up a steep incline which will also work your hips, thighs and buttocks! Then to cool down we'll walk along a wide
open carriageway that will lead to amazing scenic cliffs overlooking a spectacular lake and the valley below! We'll take a short break on one of the ridges where the hawks & eagles fly by so close you can almost reach out and touch them! We will move at a moderate to fast pace to ensure a cardioworkout. Bring a set of walking poles or wrist weights to work your upper body. This hike will take approx. 3 1/2 hours not including breaks.
After the hike we'll head to town for a hearty lunch at a local restaurant - vegetarian dishes are available. Then we'll stop by a local winery which has attracted the attention of wine judges and wine enthusiasts for their varietal wines including; Chardonnay, Riesling, Seyval Blanc and Merlot and their popular regional blends; Sarabande, Northern Lights, Southern Lights and Interlude Blush. They also carry 160 of the best wines from wineries around the state including the Finger Lakes, Hudson Valley, and North Fork regions.
Join Us For Some of Our Upcoming Activities Including:
* Cross-Country Skiing / Snowshoeing / Snow Tubing (Sat. Jan. 10th) *ONLY 3 SPACES AVAILABLE!*
* Dog Sledding Day Trip w/Optional Beer Tasting - (Sun. Jan. 11th) **SOLD OUT**
* Winter Horseback Ride w/Optional Wine Tasting (Sat. Jan. 17th) **SOLD OUT**
* Delaware Water Gap Winter Hike w/Optional Beer Tasting (Sun. Jan. 18th)
* Snowmobiling w/Optional Beer Tasting (Sat. Jan. 24th & Sat. Feb. 21st)
* Winter Horseback Ride w/Optional Wine Tasting (Sun. Jan. 25th)
* Cross-Country Skiing / Snowshoeing / Snow Tubing (Sat. Jan. 31st & Sat. Feb. 7th)
* Learn to Ice Climb Day Trip (Sat. Jan. 31st & Sat. Feb. 14th)
* Minnewaska Winter Hike "B" & Wine Tasting (Sun. Feb. 1st)
* Couples Learn to Massage Class A Sensual Valentines Treat! (Sun. Feb. 8th)
* Archery & Sushi A Day of Zen (Sat. Feb. 21st)
* Winter Skydive w/Optional Wine Tasting (Sun. March 1st) *SOLD OUT*
/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /
To find out more about upcoming trips and activities visit - http://www.adventuresociety.com where you can also sign up for our weekly activity newsletter!
Adventure Society is a NYC based social organization and tour operator comprised of singles and couples who enjoy unique travel, varying levels of outdoor activities and city social events. We are dedicated to offering New Yorkers access to an active, healthy, social lifestyle through our trips, activities and social events. A.S. was founded as the first organization of its kind in the city and is the only fully licensed and insured company of its kind in the city.
- Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-06-02
Page 1 of 1
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum