Page 1 of 1 • Share •
Who: Adventure Society
What: Cross-Country Skiing / Snowshoeing / Snow Tubing Day Trip
When: Saturday January 31, 2009
Time: 7am - *7pm (*Return Time Is Approximate)
Limit: 13 people
Experience: No Experience Necessary - All Levels
Where: Transportation from Midtown
Cost: Early Registration Price Starts at $92 p.p.
Enjoy a fun-filled winter day in the Catskills! Choose from Cross-country Skiing or Snowshoeing. Or, if you’re daring, try both in one day! You will even have a chance to go snow tubing, so you can make it a triple threat adventure day! Never Cross-country Skied or Snowshoed before? The location we visit is a great place to learn and Cross-country Skiing lessons will be given in the morning. The day is broken up into a morning session and an afternoon session, with a hot indoor lunch in between, so you will have an opportunity to try out some wonderful winter activities without having to commit to one activity for the full day. Cross-country Skiing and Snowshoeing are two of the best ways to keep fit during the winter time as they are some of the most aerobic winter sports you will find. You will burn calories and strengthen muscles all while enjoying beautiful winter views, sipping hot drinks and making new friends!
If you are worried about getting cold, or if you are not sure if winter activities are for you, we've set the trip up so that you can go inside to participate in relaxing classes while you warm up! Some of the classes they offer include making candle holders, learning how to recycle your plastic shopping bags and make them into custom designed bags (all you need is an iron and some waxed paper!), taking a basic outdoor survival course where you will learn how to dress for the cold along with fire and shelter building, or choose from any of the other many classes they offer.
Join Us For Some of Our Upcoming Activities Including:
* Cross-Country Skiing / Snowshoeing / Snow Tubing – (Sat. Jan. 10th) *ONLY 3 SPACES AVAILABLE!*
* Dog Sledding Day Trip w/Optional Beer Tasting - (Sun. Jan. 11th) **SOLD OUT**
* Winter Horseback Ride w/Optional Wine Tasting – (Sat. Jan. 17th) **SOLD OUT**
* Delaware Water Gap Winter Hike w/Optional Beer Tasting – (Sun. Jan. 18th)
* Snowmobiling w/Optional Beer Tasting – (Sat. Jan. 24th & Sat. Feb. 21st)
* Winter Horseback Ride w/Optional Wine Tasting – (Sun. Jan. 25th)
* Cross-Country Skiing / Snowshoeing / Snow Tubing – (Sat. Jan. 31st & Sat. Feb. 7th)
* Learn to Ice Climb Day Trip – (Sat. Jan. 31st & Sat. Feb. 14th)
* Minnewaska Winter Hike "B" & Wine Tasting – (Sun. Feb. 1st)
* Couples Learn to Massage Class – A Sensual Valentine’s Treat! – (Sun. Feb. 8th)
* Archery & Sushi – A Day of Zen – (Sat. Feb. 21st)
* Winter Skydive w/Optional Wine Tasting – (Sun. March 1st) *SOLD OUT*
/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /
To find out more about upcoming trips and activities visit - http://www.adventuresociety.com where you can also sign up for our weekly activity newsletter!
Adventure Society is a NYC based social organization and tour operator comprised of singles and couples who enjoy unique travel, varying levels of outdoor activities and city social events. We are dedicated to offering New Yorkers access to an active, healthy, social lifestyle through our trips, activities and social events. A.S. was founded as the first organization of its kind in the city and is the only fully licensed and insured company of its kind in the city.
- Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-06-02
Page 1 of 1
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum