Page 1 of 1 • Share •
Who: Adventure Society
What: Dog Sledding Day Trip w/Optional Beer Tasting
When: Sunday January 11, 2009
Time: 7:45am - *6:30pm (*Return Time is Approximate)
Limit: 12 people
Experience: No Experience Necessary - All Levels
Where: Transportation from Midtown
Cost: Early Registration Price Starts at $188 p.p.
Enjoy the unique winter sport of dog sledding! Imagine gliding along a winding trail through pine forests heavy with snow; winters blanket silencing all except for the frosted breathing of the dogs and the mushers’ sharp commands hanging in the chilled air as they yell "gee" or "haw" telling the dogs to turn right or left. You will be more than impressed by these extraordinary four-legged athletes whose passion is to run! If you’ve ever read "The Call of the Wild", "White Fang", or watched the Iditarod Sled Dog Race you will truly appreciate this unique experience.
Then we'll head to lunch at a local pub/micro brew with a cozy old stone fireplace where you can participate in an optional beer tasting! The brewery and pub is nestled at the foot of the mountains in a beautiful scenic valley in a meticulously restored 200-year-old barn. Their award winning brewer and outstanding culinary team have developed a wide variety of unique beers and culinary creations to appeal to the diverse tastes of the most discerning beer drinkers. After the tasting you’ll dine in the pub where you can choose from their extensive menu. If you don’t drink beer they also have a full bar and wonderful winter drinks like hot chocolate and hot apple cider!
Join Us For Some of Our Upcoming Activities Including:
* Cross-Country Skiing / Snowshoeing / Snow Tubing – (Sat. Jan. 10th) *ONLY 3 SPACES AVAILABLE!*
* Dog Sledding Day Trip w/Optional Beer Tasting - (Sun. Jan. 11th) **SOLD OUT**
* Winter Horseback Ride w/Optional Wine Tasting – (Sat. Jan. 17th) **SOLD OUT**
* Delaware Water Gap Winter Hike w/Optional Beer Tasting – (Sun. Jan. 18th)
* Snowmobiling w/Optional Beer Tasting – (Sat. Jan. 24th & Sat. Feb. 21st)
* Winter Horseback Ride w/Optional Wine Tasting – (Sun. Jan. 25th)
* Cross-Country Skiing / Snowshoeing / Snow Tubing – (Sat. Jan. 31st & Sat. Feb. 7th)
* Learn to Ice Climb Day Trip – (Sat. Jan. 31st & Sat. Feb. 14th)
* Minnewaska Winter Hike "B" & Wine Tasting – (Sun. Feb. 1st)
* Couples Learn to Massage Class – A Sensual Valentine’s Treat! – (Sun. Feb. 8th)
* Archery & Sushi – A Day of Zen – (Sat. Feb. 21st)
* Winter Skydive w/Optional Wine Tasting – (Sun. March 1st) *SOLD OUT*
/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /
To find out more about upcoming trips and activities visit - http://www.adventuresociety.com where you can also sign up for our weekly activity newsletter!
Adventure Society is a NYC based social organization and tour operator comprised of singles and couples who enjoy unique travel, varying levels of outdoor activities and city social events. We are dedicated to offering New Yorkers access to an active, healthy, social lifestyle through our trips, activities and social events. A.S. was founded as the first organization of its kind in the city and is the only fully licensed and insured company of its kind in the city.
- Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-06-02
Page 1 of 1
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum